Our dedicated and experienced team will work with you to reduce the hassle of chasing non-payers and bad tenants, speed up the process of checking tenant backgrounds and help protect and expand your income with a range of specialist insurance products.Find Out More
Rentshield Direct offer more than just financials and references – we pride ourselves on being a ‘people’ business, providing a personal service and adding value to your company.
Quality references are vitally important to ensure reliable tenants and a better return on investment for landlords and letting agents.
We perform the checks, chase the references and provide the report, leaving you to build and expand your business.
Our referencing procedures include (where applicable), checks of *:
- Electoral roll
- Court judgements
- Previous landlord/agent references
- Financial references
- Non-disclosed information
- Guarantor references
* dependent on the tenant reference product selected
Our service is fast and accurate, with reports provided in a professional, jargon-free manner.
Rentshield Verify - Taking the hassle out of Right to Rent checks
On February 1st 2016, Right to Rent legislation came into force meaning that all landlords now have the responsibility to check their tenants have the legal right to reside in England. Although the landlord holds this responsibility, it can be transferred to a letting agent upon a written agreement being signed. This comes under the Immigration Act 2014, and failure to successfully carry out these checks holds serious penalties for landlords or their delegated letting agent.
It sounds stressful, but Rentshield Direct are here to help. With our new Verify system you’ll get:
- A free and comprehensive training pack to help get you started - meaning you can process a Right to Rent check within minutes of registering to use the system
- All of your Right to Rent documents stored in one secure place – saving you time and keeping your documentation all together for easy retrieval
- Easy to complete online applications with clear instructions – so you shouldn’t upload the wrong forms or miss important documents
- Final reports informing you if the client has the Right to Rent – meaning you can be sure that you are adhering to the requirements of the Right to Rent legislation
- All documents stored securely online – saving you money and space from costly filing systems within your office and helping you adhere to the Data Protection Act requirements
- Early warning system that reminds you two months before Visas are due to end for cases where the tenant has a time limited Right to Rent – so you’ll have plenty of time to act to ensure your tenants still have the Right to Rent
OCR (Optical Character Recognition) used to read your documents and auto populate fields in the database - reducing the likelihood of human error when entering details and reducing risk to your business by ensuring documents are saved without errors
Verify format of MRZ codes and produce a report that establishes the tenant’s eligibility to reside in the UK - reducing the risk of being caught out by expired documents
Alerts displayed on your dashboard 28 days before a tenancy is due to expire – so you know which applications need renewing
Your personal Account Manager will be here to get you set up, guide you along the way and provide support whenever you may need it.