We understand that as a letting agent you’re spinning a lot of plates. Keeping up with all the legislation and making sure you’re compliant can be a lot to manage, so Rentshield are here to help.
On 1st February 2016 right-to-rent legislation came into effect in England, meaning that all landlords or their appointed letting agent have the legal responsibility to check that their tenants have the right to reside in the UK. This legislation falls under the Immigration Act 2016 and under the Act, it’s now a criminal offence to neglect these responsibilities. And don’t forget, you need to be able to evidence that you carry out these checks for ALL tenancies.
It may sound stressful, but our tool, Rentshield Verify, is designed to help you carry out your checks with the assurance that you’re looking at the right documents, storing them in a GDPR compliant manner and carrying out any follow up checks or renewals on time.
- meaning you can process a Right to Rent check within minutes of registering to use the system
– saving you time and keeping your documentation all together for easy retrieval
– so you shouldn’t upload the wrong forms or miss important documents
– meaning you can be sure that you are adhering to the requirements of the Right to Rent legislation
– saving you money and space from costly filing systems within your office and helping you adhere to GDPR requirements
– so you’ll have plenty of time to act to ensure your tenants still have the Right to Rent
- reducing the likelihood of human error when entering details and reducing risk to your business by ensuring documents are saved without errors
- reducing the risk of being caught out by expired documents
– so you know which applications need renewing